Follow these steps to uninstall McAfee security on your Windows computer.
1. On your PC or laptop keyboard press (Windows + S) keys, type Settings, and hit Enter.
2. Now you will need to select Settings from the search result.
3. Windows setting page opens, here click Apps.
4. In the Apps and feature’s search box, type McAfee, and hit Enter.
5. Select the McAfee security program and click Uninstall.
6. Scroll the list and remove other McAfee products as well.
7. If your Windows asks for permission, click Ok/Yes to continue.
8. Wait for the McAfee product to uninstall and then close the Settings window.
9. Now restart your computer and verify the McAfee uninstallation.
Visit at : www.mcafee.com/activate
Windows 8 PC – How to Uninstall Mcafee?
1. Click the Start icon on your computer to open the list of installed programs.
2. Search for the McAfee security, right-click over it and click Uninstall from the drop-down list.
3. Further, visit the Programs and Features page and choose the McAfee security program.
4. Click Uninstall/Change and to confirm the selection select Uninstall again.
5. It will take a few seconds to uninstall the McAfee and, after that, close the Programs and features page.
6. Finally, restart your computer and verify the complete removal of McAfee from your PC.
Windows 7 PC – How to Uninstall Mcafee?
1. Click the Start icon and choose Control Panel from the list.
2. Now double-click Add or Remove Programs.
3. On this page, select the McAfee security and other related programs.
4. Click either Change/Remove and again click remove to confirm the selection.
5. Now your Windows will uninstall the McAfee Security, and further, you can close all pages and restart your PC.
Use McAfee Removal Tool to Uninstall McAfee
Here is how you can use the McAfee Removal Tool to uninstall McAfee.
1. Visit the McAfee website and download the MCPR (McAfee Consumer Product Removal Tool).
2. Navigate to the Download folder and double-click MCPR.exe.
3. Now click Yes and click Continue.
4. Further, hit Run on the confirmation window.
5. After that, the McAfee Software Removal will open; click Next over it.
6. Now click Agree and then type the characters under the security validation window. Click Next to proceed further.
7. It will take a few minutes to remove McAfee from your PC. Wait until it gets complete.
8. When your computer screen displays Removal Complete, then restart your PC.
Uninstall McAfee from MacOS
Here is how to uninstall McAfee from the macOS.
1. Select the Applications folder (in the dock), or go to the Finder > click Application.
2. Further, choose the McAfee Internet Security Uninstaller app.
3. Next, you will need to check mark the box in front of Uninstall SiteAdvisor.
4. Now the McAfee browser add-on will be removed, click Continue to proceed further.
5. If required, enter the administrator’s password and click Ok to confirm.
6. Click Finish and close the uninstaller page.